Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Help in Trouble

God is our refuge and strength; a very present help in trouble.
Psalms 46:1

I have been conflicted about what to write in the blog lately.
I didn't feel comfortable about several of the things that
seemed to weigh heavily on my mind. I feel so strongly about
issues and yet you don't want to offend or upset your friends
with differing views. So, I waited; I considered; I prayed.

During this time, I received a phone call about an acquaintance.
I was told of another trial she was going through and then the
caller said this, "She is the type that isn't happy unless she is
in a fight of some kind. She enjoys it. She takes delight in it."
That sentence made me very sad. What could the reward be
for that person? Who wants to be in turmoil or cause strife?
We then talked about several people we knew who had tempers
and had been arrested for fighting, as had all their children.
What kind of legacy are you leaving your children and family
if all you want to do is fight? I can't imagine wanting to fight
and fuss. I grew up in a household where that was the norm
and I so appreciate the calm and peaceful state of my house.
God blessed me with that and I truly believe that. I can
remember praying as a young child to someday have a
peaceful and happy home. God hears the prayers of all, but
I think he shows a special grace and commitment to children
in the middle of strife. I really do.

I find real solace and peace when sitting and just observing
the beauty of the ocean and the presence of God's power
and glory seems so magnified. God is everywhere. One
might find him in their backyard garden. Another in the
quietness of their church.

The main thing to remember is the LORD is in control,
even when the storms of life rage around us. The scriptures
abound with instances of God's help in times of trouble.

God can calm the storms in our lives. We need to stop and
ask for help and guidance in prayer. We need to study his
word for instruction. Most importantly, we need to ask for
his help in understanding and discerning his word. He will
give you strength. We have to trust in him, believing that
He loves us and cares about our problems. His power can
solve them.

I know this. He proved this to me as a young child and
He continues to be a "very present help in trouble."


1 comment:

  1. Very good Rene' Have you ever noticed that God is in Good and evil is in Devil? God is who I have to thank for changing (saving) me. Religion alone can condemn us before God. There are plenty of Religions in this world but only one God. It takes God to find the true good in people.

    ReplyDelete