Friday, April 10, 2009

In Memory of Harley........

I Wish Someone Had Given Little Jesus A Dog

I wish someone had given little Jesus a dog
as loyal and loving as mine;
to sleep by his manger and gaze in his eyes;
and adore him for being Divine.
As our Lord grew to manhood, his own special dog
would have followed him all through the day;
while he preached to the crowds, and made the sick well;
and knelt in the garden to pray.
It is sad to remember that Christ went away;
to face death alone and apart;
with no tender dog following close behind;
to comfort his Master’s heart.
And when Jesus rose on that Easter morn,
how happy he would have been;
as his dog kissed his hand and barked its delight
for the one who died for all men!
Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent him mine;
that old Frenchie so dear to me,
and I smile through my tears; on this first day alone,
knowing they’re in eternity.

Author Unknown
Thank you to the dear friend who shared this with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment