Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friends.....


Love is blind...
Friendship
closes its
eyes.
"Your friend is the woman who knows all about you, and still likes you." -
Elbert Hubard
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is
seldom known until it be lost." - Charles Caleb Colton
I arrived home today to find this beautiful basket of flowers and a
candle from my dear "Florida" friend. I never knew how to appreciate
all our little midnight trips and marathon phone calls until she moved.
I miss her.
I can tell her anything. She finishes my sentences. She knows all my
faults and loves me anyway. She remembers my youth and builds me
up while understanding what I had to endure.
She's better than any medicine or salve when I'm sick or blue.
I never enjoyed flowers any more than the ones I received this date.
But, even more rewarding was the long phone call afterward.
God blesses us with true friends......and I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment