Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just thinking.........

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”
(Wayne Dyer)

“Each of us will one day be judged by our standard of life -- not by our
standard of living; by our measure of giving -- not by our measure of
wealth; by our simple goodness -- not by our seeming greatness.”

(William Arthur Ward)

The fallout over Miss California's statements just won't stop! Makes you
think about that saying from Proverbs that says "Those who live in glass
houses should not throw stones" She's all upset over the nude photos of
her being released.............

I sat in my dentist's chair for over 4 hours on Monday. He's a great dentist.
I really appreciate his skill and the kindness of his office staff. His parents
lived right down the street from where I grew up. His mom was a teacher
of mine. We made the mistake of ruining our perfect friendship by casually
mentioning politics. We are polar opposites on the political front, and while
some of his statements surprised me, it didn't change how I felt about him.

It's healthy to have different opinions. It's one of the things that makes this
country so great. I was pleased after getting so many e-mails from you to learn
that it's not the differing opinions that upset people, but the judgment attached
by some.

I had a lot of different beliefs when I was 30 years younger. Now, I am pleased
that life has led me to a discovery of some of my mistaken beliefs. It saddens
me to hear racist or homophobic remarks. I heard both in a public business
this week. I have a friend that was pretty homophobic. Then.........they
discovered they had a gay child. I had a friend that knew how I felt about his
racist remarks. Then, his child married someone of a different race. I had a
friend that used to be pretty judgmental about child-rearing. Then, I shared
my thoughts about raising each child on what you, the parent, feels is the best
course for THAT particular child. Every child is different. Every parent has
different ideas of what is right and wrong. We might make completely opposite
decisions about a child-rearing decision, but we both can be right. What might
be acceptable for one child, might be too much responsibility or freedom for
another. I'm so proud of both of my kids. With the grace and help of God, I
had a really easy road as a Mom. That's all the gift I need for Mother's Day.
I'm truly blessed.

I just keep going back to Matthew 7. "Judge not, that you be not judged."
(verse 1) And, especially Matthew 7:3 ..............
3"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice
the log that is in your own eye?

Just thinking...................................................................





No comments:

Post a Comment